All students in the elementary grades are to be dressed in the school uniform while attending school. The school uniform is in effect on two levels:
On OFFICIAL UNIFORM DAY: which includes the first day of school, assembly days, trip days and other special occasions, as indicated on the school calendar, all students must wear the official uniform which consists of:
BOYS – `Official uniform’ shirt is a white, collared, 3 button polo shirt, with the school logo available from the uniform company. Oxford shirts with school logo are acceptable. Navy pants, which are available only from our uniform company.
GIRLS’ TOPS – `Official uniform’ shirt is a white, collared, 3 button polo shirt, with the school logo available from the uniform company. Peter Pan shirts with school logo are acceptable.
GIRLS’ BOTTOMS – the plaid ‘black watch’ knife pleat jumper or skirt (available only from our uniform company) and navy knee socks.
On all Other Days:
BOYS – a solid white, light blue, hunter green or navy blue shirt with a collar and at least 2 buttons, with navy or black pants. These shirts need not be monogrammed.
GIRLS’ TOPS – a solid white, light blue, hunter green or navy blue blouse or polo with a collar and at least 2 buttons. These blouses need not be monogrammed.
GIRLS’ BOTTOMS – jumper or skirt of the uniform plaid; the navy knife pleat jumper or skirts from uniform store only. (Other solid navy skirts are unacceptable).
- Boys’ shirts with other logos and girls’ embroidered or lace-trimmed blouses are not acceptable.
- Sweatshirts / Sweaters must be the navy blue sweater with the school logo available only from the uniform company. On very cold days heavier winter sweaters or jackets may be worn when outside, not in the classroom.
- All skirts are to be mid-calf length and may not have any slits (walking vents). Girls in grades 1-2 must have sleeves covering more than halfway to the elbow. Girls in grades 3, 4 and 5 must have sleeves covering their elbows. Short-sleeved shirts, even from the uniform company, are unacceptable for these older girls.
- Socks are to be worn at all times. Girls in grades 3, 4 and 5 need to wear knee socks, pulled up, on all days. For girls in grades 1 and 2, socks are to reach above the ankles. Sport socks (no show socks) worn inside the shoe and barely visible are not acceptable. Leggings, if worn, may not be visible below the skirt.
- Crocs and wheelies may not be worn to school.
- Boys – Cargo pants (with pockets down the leg) are not acceptable. Pants that are faded, have holes, or have visible patches are not acceptable. Hair should be cut so as not to reach the shirt collar, and be neatly combed. Tzitzis must be worn at all times. Necklaces may not be visible.
The Uniform Company is Clothes ‘n Bows, located across the street from the school at: 1121 N.E. 163rd Street.
Store phone: 305-947-9646. E-mail: [email protected].
Mrs. Esta Rosenberg has many uniforms in the Uniform Gemach located in her home, which are available to anyone who would like to take advantage. She can be reached at 786-390-2767.